As some towns take their coat of arms from important people living within its territory, monuments or memorable occasions that took place there or were carried out by its people as an example to others, Chinchón adopted, because of the importance of this Feudal Estate and County, those belonging to its Lords who, due to their nobility and personality as well as certain important events, are remembered by history.
When the County belonged to the Infant Philip, the Borough’s coat of arms was prepared, including the líneage of the new Count in the following manner:
A shield divided up into four quarters
The coat of arms was peculiar in that it contained certain figures and enamels as well as excluding an important family; but is was used for close on two centuries until, on the request of the Council, together with a report from the Royal Academy of History, it received (on February 14 1925), the order to display the following coat of arms from then onwards:
The first two quarters immortalize the Cabrera-Bobadilla family; the lion and the castle are the Royal coat of arms granted to Andrés de Cabrera, who added them to his own: the goat granted, according to Pinel y Monroy, was only conferred by the Catholic King and Queen of Spain to the first Lord of Chinchón and thereafter to Cristobal Colón.
The eagles and castles come from the illustrious family of Beatriz de Bobadilla, who together with her husband, was given this Feudal Estate. The fleur-de-lis in the fourth quarter, is in remembrance of the House of Anjou and Carlota Godoy used the coat of arms of her paternal surname when she became countess of Chinchón, represented in the last quarter.
To the shield of this city was added the inscription "Very Noble and Very Loyal ", granted by Philip V, in honor of its conduct during the Wars of Succession (1739).